Do you know 50% of small businesses fail in their initial five years? The consequences of failing small business are very harsh. People lose their jobs and homes, etc. Although doing business is a risk and every entrepreneur has to take this risk, but nobody wants to see their business failing. Despite this 5o% of small businesses fail in their first five years. Every business starts with a lot of hope and passion and yet they fail. Here are the main reasons why small businesses fail -
1. First and foremost reason of failing small business is lack of leadership. Success of any business depends on its visionary leadership. Lack of leadership qualities is the main reason behind failing of small business. 2. Lack of capital or lack of cash flow is another important reason why small businesses fail. Cash is the life blood of every business and lack of ability to manage cash flow is the reason why small businesses fail.
3. Lack of good people and team work. People are the most important assets of every business. Many small businesses fail to choose and to maintain good talent.
4. Lack of training. In today's rapidly changing world employees of every business need to be trained frequently and many small business are unable to provide world class training to their employees.
5. Not updating according to time. If you want continuous success in business, you need to update and adapt changes according to time and technology.
6. Poor planning is another important reason why small organizations fail.
7. Success of every business depends of its ability of research and development and small business fail because they do not give proper importance to research and development. Innovations are back bone of every business and innovations come from R&D department.
8. Most of small businesses fail because they fail to cut the cost and cost cutting is an important criterion for success of any business.
Above reasons are responsible for failure of small businesses, here one thing you need to understand that small business do not fail because of one reason and many times combination of some reasons are responsible for failure of small businesses.