Has not the past that after a day of working with a computer at the end seems not to have done enough? To me at least it has happened many times and it still happens from time to time.
The key to solving this problem are in the proper distribution of tasks and optimizing the use of available time.
Time well managed goes a long way. In this post I share with you the 2 tools I use to be more productive in my work as a blogger.
Note: I explained here and 2 are useful tools for any job we carry at the computer, but work especially well for those who, like the bloggers, you have to do multiple tasks in a short space of time.
Bloggers and chaos
Bloggers, if we progress in our business, we have to do in one day many tasks: to write posts, edit and publish, update our Twitter and Facebook accounts, connect with other bloggers, publish the content aggregators posts, watch the mail and answering emails, accept and respond to comments received on the blog, etc.
I, for example, write an average of 4-5 posts a day and try to be someone active in social networks and maintaining access to those who follow me. A part of my work as a blogger I have a job, I like to keep my social life healthy, I try to exercise regularly and I have always a time for leisure.
If it were not ordered and not applying the tips below will tell you my life would be chaos. The most and least every blogger has gone through something similar. I myself have experienced in my flesh on many occasions. That's why I think that bloggers are a group particularly exposed to the spread and misuse of time.
The problem: the misuse of available time
The secret, if you can call it that, productive people is to optimize the use of time available. Much or little time it matters little if it does not use head. Let's see what are the main reasons why the time passes without spreading about the results of our work
• Leisure online: Facebook, Twitter, IM, Skype, blogs, music that does not help us concentrate, Email, etc.
• Distractions offline: noise and voices, hunger, thirst, physical complaints such as back pain, moving objects or people in our field of vision, telephones, etc..
• Do not prioritize the tasks ahead. Ideally, the first and most important they are to which you should devote your best efforts. Remember the 80/20 Rule.
• No clear task to perform plays at all times. The worst thing you can do is let go without a job scheduling for the day (and week). We must put clear boundaries on our freedom in the use of time if we want to be productive. A boat aimlessly hardly come to fruition. In other words, plan your day and works as planned.
That said, the solution to the problem of misuse of time could only be available to do the following:
• Eliminate distractions online.
• Minimize distractions offline.
• Prioritize the tasks ahead of time you have to do during the day and week. The most important tasks are often those who reported no immediate benefit and the most open resistance your brain before you put them.
• Organizes and have to view the tasks that have to do at all times.
• Establish the time you spend on each tare in advance and stick to the letter. Parkinson's Law applies, ie, shortens the time for each task to what is strictly necessary. As best with this task reduces the time you spend.
• Now it's getting down to work and execute the plan.
Note: for more things you need to do in one day is always avoid multi-tasking (doing more than one task in the same space of time.) Instead, one task at a time. I know I can be obvious but believe me that sometimes we do without realizing it. Multitasking kills productivity.
The 2 productivity tools for bloggers
Good and we got to the end to the tools that you want to talk today and that will enable you to apply these tips explained above.
1. Google Calendar
I have as a homepage to Google Calendar, a free service from Google that allows me to see my schedule of tasks ordered by the hour and color. It is ideal for those who work at the computer. To see the task that plays to at all times without having to take a physical book or find a file on the PC is a luxury to be seized. That is why I have set as your home page, and always I have before when I open the browser. Otherwise look out of laziness or forgetfulness. Try a few weeks to see how it works for you.
2. Online Stopwatch
Online StopWatch is an online timer that lets you use 2 different ways: (1) count forward (typical use), and (2), and use that most concerns us, the countdown. This tool is ideal when used in combination with Google calendar.
First look at the task before Google calendar and then you move the clock, hit the option to count down, you put the time you have available for that specific task, to give a set start and ready. You can get to work.
Only one catch: when the timer reaches 00:00 an alarm which is quite annoying, so that one of two, or just before the time set and so can disconnect the alarm or lower the volume on your speakers, otherwise You can be quite a shock.
Well, now, if you think these tips and these two tools can help someone you know to improve your productivity not hesitate to give you this post. Both will be grateful.