Television channels can either be quite productive or quite useless, depending on the content and programming shown. This is a list of five television channels that I would be quite upset if they shut down. If these five channels went off the air, I would honestly not watch anywhere close to as much TV as I do now. So below are the top 5 television channels that should not go off the air and for good reason.
5. GSN: GSN stands for Game Show Network and the name certainly fits for the programming on the channel. Old reruns of Family Feud, 1 vs. 100, Deal or No Deal, Match Game, and many other game shows end up finding their home on GSN. One new program that intrigues me is the new game show, Baggage, a show where a contestant tries to find love by learning the darkest secrets of the other. And it is hosted Jerry Springer and he is pretty funny. Although I cannot stand the fact that GSN just started playing Dancing with the Stars in syndication, the Game Show Network is always there when nothing else is on.
4. FBN: Fox Business Network is actually my favorite news channel and I would honestly be a bit peeved if I lost my usual news shows. I cannot stand CNN, Headline News, or HLN, but FBN has shows that lean more towards my views. This one is probably a bit controversial, but honestly, my favorite news program is Stossel, hosted by libertarian and pro-laissez faire leaning John Stossel. I find his reporting entertaining and exhilarating, but also extremely informative. I also find pleasure in watching the Tom Sullivan Show and Cavuto for business news in most cases.
3. NICK: I was never a fan of Nickelodeon as a kid, nor am I fan of their daytime programming now. I love watching TeenNick's The 90's Are All That block sometimes, but the sole reason why I want NICK around is for Nick@Nite. I watch Nick@Nite from 10 PM until 3 AM sometimes and it has all of my favorite comedy sitcoms back to back: That '70s Show, Friends, My Wife and Kids, and George Lopez. What other channel plays all of these amazing shows together?
2. IFC: There is no way they can get rid of IFC, although I would not mind them scaling back the films a bit. I wish they played more of their own original programming because a lot of their programming is honestly extremely impressive. Some of my favorites such as Portlandia and The Whitest Kinds U Know play only on IFC and I would rather not lose some of my favorite shows. I only ask for more original programming and to start playing reruns of The Larry Sanders Show and Mr. Show again. That was when IFC was truly on the mark.
1. truTV: I think I would cry if they got rid of truTV. The show's programming has just become so strong with shows like Most Shocking, Most Daring, World's Dumbest, Impractical Jokers, and even reruns of Wipeout. Honestly, I always find something to watch on truTV. There is nothing that I do not like on that channel. Therefore, this would be the one television channel that if they got rid of, I would stop watching TV all together.