This list will count down the year 2012's most hated prominent and famous figures. There are many that I could have added to this list. Mainstays on a plethora of "most hated famous people" lists such as Paris Hilton, Tiger Woods, Micheal Mooreand Kim Kardashian will not be playing a role on this one. Though they are all stupid in their own way, I can tell you for a fact that the five prominent figures I have chosen are known for their year of 2012. Here is your list of the top 5 most hated prominent figures of 2012:
5. Jamie Dimon: Jamie Dimon, the president of JPMorgan Chase, will be known for one thing in his time as the man in charge: the $2 billion dip in their stock that he allowed under his amazing plan to "hedge the bank's overall credit risks." For the record, JPMorgan Chase is the largest international bank in the world, supporting investments and savings for billions of people around the world. So, why would Dimon allow a plan that had such risk attached to it. This is a decision he made that affected the billions of people associated with their internation operations! The world was stunned at Dimon's insolence, as he stated after the fact that the plan was, "flawed, complex, poorly reviewed, poorly executed, and poorly monitored." Really? I hadn't noticed, nor did the $2 billion worth of people's money you lost! I hope Dimon enjoys the FBI's investigation of the matter, and he is currently meeting with Congress to discuss this issue. All I can say: I hope you have a better explanation than that.
4. George Zimmerman: George Zimmerman is known as the twenty-eight year old neighborhood watch member, who shot and killed seventeen year old Trayvon Martin in cold blood on the night of February 16, 2012. Zimmerman has taken a lot of flack from many angry people, claiming that he was racist and shot him because he saw a black guy wearing a hood. Zimmerman claimed that Martin tried to fight him, but really Zimmerman, you could have prevented the whole situation. Zimmerman did not have to follow Martin. It was also stated in the news that Martin had drugs in his system at the time of his murder. Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder. Considering all of the facts, half of America thinks he was just being an upstanding citizen, while the other half thinks he is a racist who saw a black guy and shot him. Either way, we can certainly say that Zimmerman is one of the most hated men in America, just based on pure uproar and outcry from the public in favor of Martin and against Zimmerman.
3. John Edwards: What a tragedy! John Edwards was once a presidential candidate, vice presidential candidate, and senator from North Carolina. Now, Edwards is just another guy, who was charged with six felony charges involving abstruction of justice and violating a whole slew of campaign funding laws. John Edwards went to trial last month, facing all of these charges. Many new facts about Edwards' affair with his former campaign videographer, Rielle Hunter, surfaced. The affair happened while Edwards' wife was stuck in bed, dying slowly from cancer. How inconsiderate and sick is that? Edwards' wife is deceased currently, and Edwards, four years later, began to get what he deserves, except for the fact that he didn't. Edwards' trial ended with Edwards being found not guilty on one charge, while the judge declared a mistrial on the other five because the jury could not reach an agreement. The Department of Justice announced on June 13, 2012 that they would drop all charges against Edwards... It only shows that the bad guy does win on occasion. But one day, Edwards will get his just desserts.
2. Jerry Sandusky: Who could be more disgusting than John Edwards? You guessed it: Jerry Sandusky! Sandusky was the assistant coach of Penn State's football team, working under the late Joe Paterno. Sandusky was accused of raping and sexually abusing young boys over a fifteen year period, using a non-profit organization he started to help youth that are underpriveleged. Starting in 2011, a grand jury investigation took place to determine whether Sandusky had indeed committed the crimes he was accused of. Sandusky was arrested, being charged with 52 counts of sexual abuse. On June 22, 2012, Sandusky was found guilty on 45 out of 48 charges. There is a good chance Sandusky will spend the rest of his life in prison, but at the same time, I do not think that he is being punished enough for what he has done! He sexually abused at least 48 young boys! How disgusting is that? And how could anyone top it at #1?
1. Joseph Kony: I can bet that readers are scratching their heads. How could I place Joseph Kony above the likes of Edwards and Sandusky? Let me tell you that Joseph Kony was certainly one of the most hated people around in 2012. The Leader of the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) based in Uganda, Kony, over the last 26 years, has been connected with the abductions of approximately 65,000 children in Central Africa to be used as sex slaves and child soldiers. Non profit organization, Invisible Children Inc. spread the word about Kony in a campaign called Kony 2012, a plan to make Joseph Kony extremely famous. They wanted to make it so that everybody hated Joseph Kony and wanted to stop him. In the end, the video that Invisible Children Inc. released, raised awareness and made Kony the most hated person in the United States by a long shot. Though the Kony 2012 bandwagon has slowed down immensely, the mass amount of hatred towards him puts him atop this list.
If you were interested in this, please read the following:
John Edwards: From Famed Politician to Suspect of Crime: http://expertscolumn.com/content/john-edwards-famed-politician-suspect-crime
Top 5 Most Hated Corporations in America: http://expertscolumn.com/content/top-5-most-hated-corporations-america