There is a long list of successful and attentive corporations that exist in today's business world. However, this list will not be devoted to them. This list will be devoted to the worst because let us just face it: we like to watch a train wreck. This is a list of the top five most hated of all of the corporations by the general public. I can also surely tell you that there are many that are vying for a spot on this list. So, here are the worst of the worst in business:
5. Johnson & Johnson: We may as well just call them Recall & Recall because that is all they have been doing since 2009. Starting in 2009, there have been over twenty recalls on many household medications that many people use. The list of products they have recalled is quite long: Tylenol, Motrin, Benadryl, and many prescription drugs for HIV, seizures, and contact lenses for irritated eyes. Their reliability (or lack thereof) has been unacceptable, especially with medicine for sick people. What will they recall next?
4. Facebook: I can surely tell you that it would take more than five countries to hold all of the people that despise Facebook. The founder and CEO of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, has made it perfectly clear that he does not care one bit about his 900 million users. It has been shown many times, especially when he refuses to listen to the privacy complaints. He also updates components of Facebook with notifying its users. Honestly, Facebook is a complete mess. The ironic thing is that a 152.5 million of these 900 million users are from the United States. But nonetheless, as much as we hate them, they still make things easy.
3. AT&T: There is very little a company can do to make up for bad mobile service other than to have a decent customer service force and fix the problem quickly. I guess AT&T did not get the memo. Not only is their cellular service some of the worst in the United States (only beating out Sprint in reliability), but their customer service is rude and cannot even be reached half of the time. And everyone knows how easy it is on an AT&T phone to accidently get subscriptions that you did not want and end up paying for every month because they make it brain surgery to get it off. Verizon, here I come!
2. Bank of America: Oh, Bank of America, could you sink any lower? Bank of America is one of the most hated for a variety of reasons. Is it because they have the worst customer satisfaction ratings and rudest customer service in the entire banking industry? Or is it that they treat their employees about as well as they do their customers? 41.5% of MSN respondents voted that Bank of America has the worst customer service. They laid off 30,000 workers without giving any warning or notice. They are the defendants in multi-billion dollar lawsuits. Bank of America brings new meaning to "how low can you go?"
1. BP: After a huge oil spill that caused a major crisis on the coasts of the Gulf of Mexico, BP has to be the most despicable and hated corporation around. First of all, putting the oil spill aside, which gas station's petrol always costs around twenty cents per gallon more than anything around it? That's right, BP. There is no excuse to make their gas prices miles higher than the rest, and they are known nationwide for it. BP is the fourth largest company in the world, and receives #1 not only on this list, but in the environmental advocate's most hated corporation in the world. Not only are they responsible for the Gulf Spill back in 2010, but for thousands of other harmful ones around the world. We should congratulate BP for its exhorbitant gas prices, unnecessary inconvenience, and ruining the fishing industry on the entire Gulf Coast. Your reward is the #1 spot on my list as the United States' most hated corporation.