Breast and cervical cancer are one of the causes of death of women worldwide. It is important to develop awareness among females and learn about preventing these kinds of disease. It will be helpful to know the signs or symptoms of these kinds of cancer.
Here are the symptoms of breast cancer:
1. Breast lump. If you feel a lump on your breast upon examining it. This lump usually does not hurt. There may be also blood coming out of the nipple or blood stain.
2. Breast lump does not hurt and is not hard at first. It is usually found on the upper portion or outer quadrant of the breast. The skin around it may be reddish in color.
3. Occurrences of lymph glands or swelling/abscess. Having lymph nodes on some parts of the patient's body may be a sign that the cancer has already spread.
4. Other organs gets affected. Swelling of liver is a bad sign that the cancer has already spread as well as the malfunction of the lungs. These may already result to bone cancer.
Here are the signs of cervical cancer:
1. Vaginal bleeding. Abnormal bleeding of the genital organ (vagina) after having sex.
2. Abnormal discharge
3. Blood in urine
4. Bleeding of the rectum
5. Lower back ache. This can be a sign that the cancer has spread in the pelvic and para-aortic nodes.
6. Vomiting, loss of appetite, and abnormal weight loss
Always remember that early detection of breast cancer and cancer of the cervix might help saving the life of the person.Always have a regular check up with your doctor to be safe.
Source: PSN Newspaper, Column title: Ask Doc