Italian Pasta Veggie Salad
· 10 ounces of fusilli pasta or desired pasta
· 1 onion that is chopped
· 1 green bell pepper that is chopped
· 2 tomatoes that is chopped
· 1 c. chopped mushrooms
· 3/4 c. of fat free Italian-style dressing
1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, you need to cook pasta until al dente, rinse it under cold water and then drain the water.
2. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, the onion, the bell pepper, the tomatoes and the mushrooms. Pour enough dressing over to coat it ; toss and refrigerate until it is chilled.
3. Serve and enjoy
Pear and Pomegranate Salad
· 3 c. of green leaf lettuce that is rinsed and torn
· 1 Bartlett or you can get 1 Anjou pear
· 1/3 c. of pomegranate seeds
· 1 tbsp vegetable oil
· 2 tbsp pomegranate juice
· 1 tbsp lemon juice
· 1 tsp prepared Dijon-style mustard
· 1/2 tbsp honey
· ground 1 black pepper to taste
1. Divide the lettuce between two bowls that are any size. Now you should Halve and core the pear, then cut each half in small slices. Now, divide the pear slices and pomegranate seeds among the two bowls and mix gently.
2. Combine the vegetable oil, the pomegranate juice, the lemon juice, the mustard, the honey, and the pepper in a saucepan. Now, bring to a boil over high heat; reduce the heat and simmer, stirring it frequently, until the dressing thickens a little, about 2 minutes. Pour the warm dressing over the salads and serve.
3. Enjoy your salad with friends
Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe: http://expertscolumn.com/content/tuna-noodle-casserole-recipe
Honey Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe: http://expertscolumn.com/content/honey-chicken-stir-fry-recipe
Breakfast Recipes: Fluffy Canadian Pancakes and Eggs Benedict Breakfast Pizza: http://expertscolumn.com/content/breakfast-recipes-fluffy-canadian-panca...