Are you a woman currently in a relationship that is not really a true relationship. Have you thought about leaving your boyfriend or significant other, but something seems to be holding you back? If these circumstances fit you, it may be time for you to regroup relative to the status of your relationship. Here are five ways you can tell when your boyfriend does not love you anymore, and it is time for you to move on.
Did Sandra Bullock know she was the only one in her relationship? Not to rehash old news, but Sandra Bullock is an example of a classic case when someone is in a relationship alone. The boyfriend, husband, or partner is there physically, but emotionally, there is nothing there. He may exhibit outward signs of being interested, but deep down inside, he's just waiting to get away to that someone that he really wants to be with, or even just to get away.
You and your time are too valuable to waste it with someone who wants to have his cake and eat it too -- with you being the "cake", and his other love interest being the "eat it too", part. Of course, there are more than 5 telltale signs that he is no longer in love with you. Here are five ways to get you started in examining your relationship and deciding if it is time to bale now -- and if not now, in the near future.
1. He doesn't listen to you anymore. I mean actively listen to you and not look back at you with a blank stare and no return conversation. If he is not listening and responding to you, as well as showing interest in what you are saying or doing, these are signs that it's time to move on to greener pastures.
2. He stays away from you for long periods of time. There may be long distance relationships that work, but the old saying is true that states that "out of sight, out of mind." Especially with some men, who are prone to take up other relationships at their current locale, while you are far away, eagerly anticipating when you will see him again. While at the same time, he could care less.
3. He doesn't call you first. If you have started to initiate calling him first all the time, with either no return calls or return calls, days or weeks after your call, then the handwriting is on the wall that he doesn't want to be with you. There is a common perception that lots of men do not return phone calls, but if you are in a "relationship", returning your phone call should be automatic for him. He shouldn't even have to think about whether or not he should call you back. In fact, he should be initiating a lot of the phone calls.
4. His attention is easily averted by other women. When you are in a relationship, he should have only eyes for you. It's natural for men to admire other beautiful women, but if he does this openly and often, he may be trying to send you a message, albeit covert, that he is no longer interested in you. It's like every time he openly stares at another woman, he is secretly saying to you. "I want out. Can't you take a hint?"
5. You find yourself going out and to events without him. The first few times may not be a warning flag. But if you are going places alone, especially places that you two used to go together, then you may as well end it. The signals are that he doesn't want to be with you or does not enjoy your company as much as he used to.
After reading the five ways above, you may be thinking that those actions are easily remedied. You will just perform some counter actions to those above and he will end up wanting to be with you.
Unfortunately, once a man has made up his mind, there's no turning back. If he stays with you, it may be for other ulterior reasons or motives -- other than wanting to be with you.
Don't be the last to know and remain in an imaginative fairy land, like Sandra Bullock was until her marriage came tumbling down like rocks around her Cinderella coach.
Take control and find the happiness you deserve with a man who wants you just as much (or more) than you want him.