You can reduce your risk of breast cancer at home with your daily life style. Talk to your doctor about being tested if you have two first degree relatives (sister and mother) who had ovarian or breast cancer, or three or more first or second degree relatives (grandmother or aunts) diagnosed with cancer. In the meantime there are some things you can do to decrease your risks.
Your chances of developing breast cancer increases as you age. A thirty year old woman has a 1 in 233 chance and a woman in her sixties has l in 27 chance. White women are more likely to develop it and black women are more likely to die from it because of breast cancer’s aggressiveness in African American women.
Women whose menstrual cycle started before age twelve and menopause after fifty five is more prone to breast cancer because they have had longer exposure to hormones. Dense breasts are more apt to have undetected cancer because mammograms have a hard time penetrating dense tissue. Also, tissue and cancer appear white on an x-ray which makes cancer harder to find. Life style can make a difference.
The odds can be reduced with a healthy lifestyle.
1. Maintain a healthy weight. Excess fat stimulates hormones and the heavier you are the higher your estrogen level and cancer risk.
2. Don’t drink alcohol. Women who drink one or two drinks a day are more likely to develop breast cancer than those who don’t.
3. Using hormone therapy elevates your chances of breast cancer. If you do use it for hot flashes, use it the shortest time possible.
4. Exercise, an inactive lifestyle increases a women’s risk of breast cancer. Walking three hours a week reduces your chance by nearly 20%. the American Cancer Society recommends at least five hours of activity a week to lower your risks.
5.Oral contraceptives increase your risk of breast cancer. The risk drops after ten years of stopping the pill.
6. Compounds in olive oil suppresses a breast cancer promoting gene. Use it as your cooking and salad oil.
7. Reduce calorie intake to reduce leptin, a fat released protein that is linked to cancer.
8. Eat apples. phenolics in apples help combat malignant tumors, the main cause of death in breast cancer patients.
9. Take vitamin D, it prevents cell division and activates a tumor suppressing protein.
Publish your articles and earn income. http://expertscolumn.com/referral/65788bf0/