Kingdom of Bahrain is like a pearl on the Persian Gulf. It is an island country consisting of 33 islands. The pronunciation of the word Bahrain in Arabic is Bahrayn. The word Bahrain in Arabic means "Two seas". Bahrain is known for its authentic Arab Heritage and has the reputation of being a liberal and modern country.
The island does not share land boundary with any other country. It is connected with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, which lies towards its west, through the King Fahd Causeway. Bahrain will soon be connected with Qatar through Bahrain Qatar Causeway which is still in the planning stage.
Summers are usually very hot and dry. Winters are cold with occasional rainfall.
The Kingdom is ruled by the Al Khalifa Royal family.
Indian nationals make the single largest expatriate community in Bahrain. The expatriate community enjoys the privilege to follow a faith of own choice. Bahrain is highly famous and is appreciated throughout the World for its religious tolerance.
Arabic is the official language of Bahrain and English is widely used in Official transactions and is also spoken by most of the people.
Places of Tourist Interest in the Kingdom of Bahrain: The vibrant Bahrain offers several fascinating places for the tourists.
1. Manama: Manama city offers a grandeur of modern architecture. It is the capital city and the major place for trade and commerce. Juffair is a district in Manama which was built in 2007. It is considered to be the most elite areas of Manama with its famous Hotels and restaurants.
2. The Grand Mosque : The Grand Mosque has been crowned with the World's largest fibre-glass dome, which imparts an impressive sight. Its exquisite architecture and Arabic design offers a breath-taking sight both inside as well as outside. It is the Kingdom's Largest Mosque and is capable of accomodating over 7,000 worshippers at a time.
3. Arad Fort : One of Bahrain's ancient Forts. It was built in the 15th Century. It is the most significant Forts historically in Bahrain. It is situated in Muharraq, an island which is joined with the mainland of Bahrain by a Causeway.
4. Bahrain Fort : The Fort is very well maintained and it offers a beautiful view of Bahrain. The fort has lot of historical importance. During Portuguese occupation, this fort was used as a military base in the 15th Century.
5. Tree of Life: This acacia Tree has survived all alone in the barren desert for 400 years. It is still a mystery for mankind as to how the Tree manages to survive.
6. The Oil Museum : This museum was inaugurated in the year 1992 to mark the 60th anniversary of oil discovery in Bahrain. The museum exhibits Photography, equipments and model of Oil rig.
7. Al Dar island and Hawar islands are the popular destinations in the island Kingdom. Besides these the Bahrain City Centre, Bahrain International Circuit, Lost Paradise of Dilmun – Water Park, Bahrain National Museum, Adhari Park, Al Areen Park, Moda Mall – Bahrain World Trade Center and Bab Al Bahrain. Bab Al Bahrain situated in Manama is famously known as the Gateway to Bahrain.
Dear Readers, kindly do leave your valuable comments and have a look of my profile page for more interesting article: http://expertscolumn.com/users/krishna-d