My favorite meal to have is oven-baked ham with pineapples. The meal is sweet and salty and is very hearty and filling when you need a good meal. It is even easy to make and take only one hour to bake in the oven. Best of all this meal can serve up to six people easily filling their tummies full.
Five-pound baking ham
One 8 ounce can of sliced pineapples
Half cup of cherries
Half cup of honey
Twelve yellow potatoes
Teaspoon each of salt and pepper
Six tablespoons of butter
1. Unwrap the five-pound baking ham from the packaging it comes in and place it into a casserole dish.
2. Open up the can of pineapples and place the slices onto the top of the ham.
3. Place the half cup of cherries onto the top of the ham as well, but make sure you remove the stems.
4. Drizzle the half cup of honey onto the ham this will help the top become sweet and crispy with a caramelized topping.
5. Place two tablespoons of butter on the top of the ham as well. The butter will drip down the ham and help keep the ham from sticking to the bottom of the casserole dish.
6. Place the ham into a 375-degree oven for 1 hour to bake.
7. Chop the potatoes up into bite size chunks and toss them into another casserole dish.
8. Chop up the onion and toss the chunks onto the top of the potatoes. This will help add a nice roasted onion flavor to the potatoes.
9. Place four tablespoons of the butter onto the top of the potatoes and onions. The butter will help tenderize the potatoes.
10. Bake the potatoes in the oven with the ham at the same temperature for the same amount of time.
11. Remove baked ham and potatoes from the oven once they are done. The ham should be golden brown on top and the pineapples and cherries should be lightly crisp and roasted. The potatoes should be lightly golden brown and tender.
12. Serve up slices of tender juicy sweet and salty ham with slices of pineapples and cherries with the roasted home fries on the side. Sprinkle a little bit of the salt and black pepper over the top of the meal to add a tiny bit more flavor. Then serve up to six plates of this tasty meal to your loved ones.