RAWA KESRI/SHEERA OR SOOJI KA HALWA OR SEMOLINA DELIGHT
Rawa/sooji/semolina: 1 cup or 175gms
Ghee/butter: 1 cup/ 125gms(melted)
Shakar/Sugar: 1/2 cup or to taste
Elachi/cardamon: 4-5 (crushed)
Kesar/zafraan/safroon: 1 pinch
Pista//pistachio: 1/4 cup (chopped)
Badam/Almond: 1/4cup (chopped)
Kishmish/Raisans: 1/4 cup
Water: 1/2 cup
1. Take a pan and heat ghee or butter in it and put 2 whole cardamon/elachi. Add sooji or semolina and cook till light brown. Do it on medium heat and keep stirring.
2. When sooji/semolina is ready add some water/ and kesar cover it, lower the heat and let it cook. Sooji will become swollen and increase in size/volume when cooked.
3. Add sugar and kishmish/raisans and mix together and cover for a minute.
4. Mix the halwa vigourously so that it comes together and have little shine. Sprinkle cardamon powder and mix till it leaves some ghee.
5. Delicious rawa kesri or sooji halwa is ready
Garnish with almonds, pistachio, raisans and serve hot.
1. Use a non-stick pan to avoid burning.
2. If using butter add a little ghee or oil before to avoid burning butter as it heats up very quickly.
3. Milk can be used instead of water but it makes halwa very soft.
4. Try to use minimum amount of water just enough to cook semolina/sooji
5. Any type of dry fruits can be used infact walnuts add good texture to halwa.
6. Halwa can be served with cream, condensed milk, puri or enjoy as it is