It is hard to lose weight when we are used to eating to excess. The stomach stretches to accommodate excess food and craves to be filled, but continue eating less and the stomach will shrink to it’s normal size. Don’t skimp on vegetables and fruit. Skip sugary, fatty foods and eat only a little meat. Remember beans, eggs, and nuts are protein. They can be substituted for meat.
Eating a healthy diet and exercising is the way to achieve the correct weight and a healthy body. Fad diets seldom work. It’s a life time process and you can’t follow a fad diet all your life. It’s best to begin eating correctly and exercising every day if possible and if not, at least three times a week. You will see results in a couple of months. It is much slower to begin with than a fad diet but doing it right will bring results for a life time.
1. Make your grocery list before you leave home, list only healthy foods, and don’t buy any other.
2. Fill your grocery cart from the outer area. That’s where the healthy fruits and vegetables are.
3. If you must eat pizza pile on the vegetables rather than cheese and sausage.
4. Serve yourself smaller servings and don’t take seconds.
5. Don’t use heavy dressings or gravy with your food. A light coating of olive oil and vinegar works.
6. Eat a carrot or an apple every day before mealtime. They helps fill you up and are healthy.
7. If you are hungry between meals, have a lettuce salad, carrot, apple, asparagus,or tomato.
8. Choose a small serving of protein at every meal. A half cup of beans, a few nuts on your salad or baked fish or chicken.
9. Don’t eat mindlessly. Have your meals at the table and keep your mind on what you are eating.
10. Don’t sit in front of the TV. You are wasting your time. Do your exercise. Go for a walk or anything you like to keep moving.
11.When you feel like eating, give your hands something to do. Give yourself a manicure,make a bead necklace, sew. It will take your mind off your stomach.
12.Drink water instead of juice and soft drinks. Don’t drink diet drinks. They make you crave sugar.
13. Once you have lost weight, recalculate your goal weight. Are you satisfied with your weight? Do you want to lose more? If you need help, go to: nhlbisupport.com/bmi
Publish your articles and earn income. http://expertscolumn.com/referral/65788bfo/