In any business quality plays a vital role. If you manufacture a product or offer a service, you should always stick to quality if you want to be successful. Quality is the key to success. When it comes to online writing or blogging, quality undoubtedly plays a big role. Nothing can substitute quality. Article writing is an art. Please read more.....
Quality is the key to success: If you want to be a successful online writer or blogger, you should write quality articles. Quality articles will move forward to the front pages of Google search engine. You will also get regular readers. You will get a lot of fans, followers and subscribers. After a period of time, you will start making good money as well. Article writing needs a lot of dedication, hard work, patience, perseverance and knowledge.
1. Know clearly what you want to write on: You should be clear about what you want to blog on. For example I wanted to write about "how to write quality articles online" and here you are reading it now.
2. Write on interesting topics: It is very important to write on interesting topics. Triond users love to read articles on health, important happenings in the USA, how to make money online and relationships. You will notice that this article falls into the category - how to make money by writing.
3. Catchy title: So, having chosen the subject of your article, you will now have to give a catchy title to grab the attention of your potential readers. A killer title can draw the attention of the Internet surfer who can't afford to spend much time on a web page unless there is something useful for him/her over there. Even if you have quality content, if your article carries an ordinary title, your article may not do well. You can use a powerful keyword or a key word phrase in the title, so that your article may rank high with search engines for the particular key word or keyword phrase and become SEO friendly (Those who would search for articles related to your subject will be able to find your web page easily). Please learn SEO techniques to succeed in blogging.
4.Using right key words: If you really want to be successful in online writing or blogging, you should learn to use the right key words in your article. The more powerful words you use in your article, easier for your readers to find your articles in the World Wide Web. In other words, if you use right key words you will get huge organic traffic from major search engines like Google Yahoo, MSN and AOL. Please remember more traffic means more income for the online writer. You can use Google keyword tool to find the powerful key words for your article.
5. Give some useful information to your reader: Why should an Internet surfer need to spend his/her valuable time on your blog/webpage unless there is some useful information that he/she is looking for? So, therefore you need to provide some useful information or entertaining stuff in your article.
6. Use simple language: Internet readers are from different countries and most of them have different mother languages and hence if your articles are made of simple words, you will definitely get more page views.
7. Be a good story teller: How you present your views to your reader matters a lot. You should learn to tell your views interestingly to your readers. (I strongly feel this is very important)
8. Avoid grammatical and typo errors: It is very important to avoid typo and grammatical errors. Some readers may find it irritating to read articles containing such errors.
9. Edit your article and re-read it: We, online writers are prone to make mistakes while writing an article. So when you edit, you can correct the mistakes. Sometimes you will get better ideas while editing and hence can put better words or frame a better sentence whatever. Editing and re-editing would certainly improve the quality of your article.
10. Add images and videos: You can add relevant images and videos to enhance the charm and quality of your blog post. People will spend more time on your blogs. Images and videos can help you to get more traffic as well.
11.Build links: You can use quality back links in your article. You can either give external link to your other website or blogs, or give internal links to other blog posts on the same website/blog. Your articles will rank high if they are linked to quality articles of other blogs of similar niches.
12. Size of the article: Any article with less than 300 words may not have much impact on a reader. At the same time, let your article not be too long say more than 500 words.
13. Interact with your reader: You can write the article as if you are talking with your reader. You can ask them to give you their feed back, comments and views.
14. Avoid using 1st person words: It is better to avoid words such as I, we and so on. You can instead use words like "you and "your".
15. Write for global audience: It is good to get tons of hits to your article from the search engines. If you are writing on a writing site like Triond/Experts Column you may write for Triond/Experts column audience. However, it's better to write for the global audience to attract huge quality traffic to your blogs.
Conclusion: Content is the king. There is no substitute for quality. Quality will pay you well in the long run. I hope you have found these article writing tips useful. If you have something to add, please feel free to do it. Your feed back is most welcome, thanks for reading.
I make money on Triond. If you want to write and earn, join Triond HERE. It’s free.