Writing articles and not get them shared is just ensuring failure. Articles need to be shared for people to read because today people use more the social networks to find good content than they use search engines.
1. Install a big Facebook share button at the end of each article. Why the end, the bottom? If people find the article good enough to read it all then the chances of sharing at are bigger because they love that article. Also, the button at the bottom remembers them to share because if the button was installed at the top, people would completely forget about it after all.
2. Give them a reason to share. People are too used to Facebook buttons however if you add a nice sentence after or before the button such as, share the knowledge, or, share the happiness or share the insight, people are more likely to share the article.
3. Make Facebook part of your article with the author badge and the activity widget. People care more about Facebook than any other social network because Facebook as just become part of their lives.
4. If Facebook is not working, then try another social network such as Google Plus. If Google is going to make Google Plus as good as they promise, then tha Google Plus One will improve your search engine ranks a lot on Google. The button is very easy to add.
5. If nothing is working, then just remove the buttons from the articles, they take a lot of time to load and a slow website shrinks Google ranks.