* 2/3 cups plain flour
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup of milk
* 1/4 teaspoon of salt
* 1 tablespoon (1/8 stick) of unsalted butter (melted)
* 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
* Chocolate sauce (optional)
* Icing sugar (optional)
* 250g of strawberries (optional)
* Light whipped cream (optional)
1. Mix the flour with the salt.
2. Add eggs.
3. Stir in milk, but don’t beat it.
4. Stir in the melted butter and add vanilla essence.
5. Pass the batter through a strainer and let it rest for a while or until the liquid is completely through, don’t squash the mixture down. It may appear a little runny.
6. Pour a spoonful of batter in a lightly oiled (if non-stick don’t use oil) 20cm frying pan and use the spoon to spread the mixture evenly. Over the medium heat, cook until the bottom of the crepe is firm and the surface no longer looks wet.
7. Loosen the edges with a small heat resistant spatula, then lift and turn the crepe to the other side; cook until just firmed for about 30 seconds. Don’t brown too much.
8. Spread the crepe on a plate to cool and repeat steps 6-7 until all the mixture is gone.
9. If you’d like something to go with your crepes, you can add some strawberries and whipped cream on the inside, fold it up then sprinkle some chocolate sauce and icing sugar over the crepe. Be creative :)