Holidays in Turkey
If you are planning to travel to Turkey or booking your summer holiday,put the beautiful and stunning Istanbul on the list of places you must visit.The European Capital of Culture for 2010 is a place bustling with people and a melting pot of religions, Istanbul is a city with an illustrious history and still with many more secrets for you to embrace and discover.
Ten Things You Must do in Istanbul
1. There is not much blue about the Blue Mosque from the outside but this Ottoman mosque is a must see, and once inside you can admire the magic of its ornate interior,including the thousands of blue tiles and huge stained-glass windows.
2. Visit the Spice Bazzar.Here you will find many delightful edibles, as well as many other goods such as clothing and jewellery.
3. Sail from Europe to Asia.Hopping between continents is easy boats boats leave every 15 minutes from Kabastas to Uskudar, With trips costing as little as £1.
4. Admire the mosaics, and sheer splendour of the Aya Sofia, Turkey's must famous and grandest monument.
5. Sample real Turkish Delight at the shop where it all began.Ali Muhiddin Haci Bekir is the original shop where this original sweet dessert was invented
6.Relax and enjoy an authentic Turkish bath at Cemberlitas Hamam.An ideal way to refresh yourself in this busy city.
7. Explore the the delightfully splendid Topkapi Palace.If you can, arrive early and go straight to the Harem.Here it is limited to a certain amount of visitors, so you will avoid any waiting.
8. Dine out in style with some of the finest food at the Topaz, a fabulous restaurant which is sited on a hill and overlooking the Dolmabahce Palace.
9. Spend a day exploring the super laid -back Princes Islands.These nine tiny islands are located about about 10 miles southeast of the Istanbul centre.Motor vehicles are not permitted on these islands, so everyone walks or rents a bicycle or the splendid horse-drawn carriages.
10.Take time out to catch the Whirling Dervishes, as they perform their dance rituals at the Hodjapasha Culture Centre.