Being on a diet is never an easy thing as it requires you to change your eating habits, give up some of the food you may like, and choose healthier and leaner options. Naturally, if you want to lose weight you need to create a calorie deficit, so you should avoid certain high calorie foods while dieting.
In this article we'll go through several of these foods and see where you can cut down potential saboteurs of any weight loss process.
1. Fast food - I don't care how strapped for time you are. If you're going to be going to eat fast food on a regular basis, you're not going to lose fat. Yes, it is possible to eat fast food on occasion with special weight loss plans like the EODD diet, but on the whole, you need to stay clear of fast food joints.
2. Fried food - frying oil is high in calorie and fats and should avoided as much as possible. You can eat the same food only cooked differently and consume a lot less empty calories which won't turn to fat quickly on your body.
3. Alcohol - Although a recent study found that a glass of red wine each day can help women keep slim, alcohol is not recommended when you're trying to lose fat. Alcohol is high in calories and sugar and it also makes it harder for the liver to metabolize fat in the proper way.
4. Refined flour and sugar - While these are not foods in their own rights, they are ingredients in a lot of dishes. Refined flour and sugar is often difficult for the body to deal with, meaning that many of these calories will be turned to fat.
5. Milk chocolate - While dark chocolate is perfectly fine for people who are dieting (as long as it contains 70% cocoa), milk chocolate is usually full of extra sugar which means that you're eating a lot of calories in every small piece of chocolate.
Try to avoid these high calorie foods while on a diet program. You can eat them rarely, but on the whole, try to cut them down as much as possible.