Germany is the most important country to follow if you trade the Euro against any pair.
1. It has the strongest economy of Europe.
2. It has the highest number of population in the Euro zone.
3. News from Germany affect the markets more than any other country's news.
Keeping up with Germany is crucial to your trading strategy because as soon as there are news concerning Germany, markets move sharply.
To follow Germany you should subscribe to Euro News to have a direct feed into your Google Reader or Gmail.
How to trade Germany's news?
1. Good things happen to Germany, Euro goes up.
2. Bad things happen to Germany and Euro goes down.
For precise trading, also keep up with the other currency you are trading the Euro against.
In most cases it will be the United States, Britain or the Suiss Franc.
Europe as you can see its all about Germany, the forth richest country in the world and the richest country of all these four when considering the population and the GDP per capita.
Germany is one of the most if not the most industrialized country in the world and so it has enough power to influence markets like no other European country.
A good way to see how Germany is going to influence the prices is to check the news archive and see the price changes based on what news were published at that time.