As soon as your new computer reaches home, it has a super fast desktop search feature which comes with Windows by default.
Any search takes less than a second, in most cases the results appear as soon as you type.
However as time goes by and more files are stored in the hard disk, search becomes slower...
There are solutions:
1. Delete or archive all the files you do not need anymore. Use Winrar to do that. This will remove these files from the index which makes the search a lot faster.
2. Limit the number of indexed folders. Maybe you do not need to search the entire computer, so just index your documents for example. The smaller the number of indexed files, the faster Windows and any other tool will search.
3. Reindex. Sometimes Windows index system becomes too slow because of the way it works. Reindexing is the way to make it work faster than before.
4. Install another desktop search tool. If you can still download Google Desktop do it because it is many times faster than Windows deskop search.
5. Do not waste time with paid desktop search tools. Now most of the information is kept online and these tools cannot search such information.