If you are a junk food dummy, here are some interesting facts for you to chew on. You must avoid eating too much fast foods because:
- Fast foods are filled with empty calories. Therefore they have the ability to make you fat without giving your body any of the nutrients it needs. So, even though you are putting in fuel, your body is not going to get the desired results.
- Instead of making you feel energetic and chirpy, eating too much junk food simply makes you sleepy and slow. In a study involving school children, researchers have found that kids who ate takeaway meals more than thrice a week actually dropped their scores in tests!
- Eating too much junk food can make the body insulin resistant and can increase the risk of Type 2 diabetes.
- Since fast foods contain excessive amounts of calories, a regular diet of fast foods can lead to serious weight gain. This in turn leads to a number of health complications like coronary diseases, high cholesterol, stroke and high blood pressure.
- Fast foods are rich in food additives. Many of these food additives like MSG are very harmful for the body and can lead to long term health problems including cancer. Since these foods are rich in sodium, they can lead to associated health problems like disabilities and even premature death.
- This kind of food can cause liver damage.
- These foods contain little to no fiber. Therefore a diet rich in fast food can lead to elimination problems. Chronic constipation can lead to many problems like flatulence, bloating and weight gain.
- High volumes of these unhealthy foods can even kill your sex drive - now, that you don't want!
- The worst thing about this kind of food is that it's addictive. The food, the comfort, the instant high you get is really seductive. Therefore, eating too much fast food simply makes you addicted to more of the stuff.
Now you know why you should avoid eating too much fast food, don't you? What are you going to do about it? Healthier food choices lead to a healthier you. Begin making a difference today.