Women keep on hunting for that magical beauty ingredient which can impart a healthy glow to their skin. For the want of beautiful-looking skin, women fall into the trap of many costly cosmetic products, which can damage the texture of their skin in the long run. If you are hunting for such a beauty ingredient for that ever-lasting glow, then it is time to stop your hunt here. Because this article unravels the secret of a wonderful beauty ingredient that is honey. In this article you will find the best 20 beauty benefits of honey. All these beauty uses of honey are effective and safe on your skin. Read on to know how to use honey in your beauty applications.
Beauty benefits of Honey
1. Honey is a natural cleanser which exfoliates your skin from the inside to bring the radiant and clear skin on the outside. Washing your face with honey keeps your skin soft and blemish –free.
2. Blend honey and tomato together to make a thick paste. Apply this mix on your skin for 15 minutes. Wash off and see how your skin gets resplendent glow within minutes.
3. Manuka honey is a form for medical honey which facilitates the formation of collagen to give you younger-looking skin and reduces acne scars. Just apply honey on scars daily and see how scars get buffed out.
4. Honey is the best moisturizer for your face. Just apply pure honey on your face and wash off after 5 minutes. Your skin will get an immediate burst of moisture and sheen. You can mix milk cream with honey too, if you want more hydration during winter season.
5. Honey is a great conditioner for your hair. Mix honey with olive oil and apply this mix on your well-shampooed hair. Leave it on for one hour. Then wash off to experience very shiny and silky tresses in a jiffy.
6. Honey is a natural sweetener which does not increase your blood sugar level. What is more, honey when taken with warm water and lemon juice in the morning, helps to shed extra weight from your body.
7. A spoon of honey is a miracle that helps to turn back the clock. Honey has anti-inflammatory –properties that help in delaying the degenerative process of your skin. So do not forget to take a spoonful of honey daily to maintain your youthful charm!
8. Mix 3 spoons of rose water with ¼ cup of honey and apply on your skin for 15 minutes. This face mask helps to give you supple and lovely skin.
9. Honey mixed with milk works wonders for ironing out fine lines and lightening the skin to a great deal. You can use curd in place of milk also. Honey is a skin –lightening agent so, one of the most important benefits of applying honey is that it will help you in getting fairer.
10. Honey is a natural anti-septic, which helps in healing the wound fast. It helps in removing the dead tissues and provides the environment conducive to the formation of new tissues to fight bacteria formation. Honey is enriched with glucose oxidase, an enzyme which forms hydrogen peroxide when mixed with water, that act as mild anti septic.
11. Just apply one part of honey and 2 parts of moisturizer on your sun burnt areas of your body to heal them fast. Application of honey prevents further sunburn too.
12. You can mix honey with your regular shampoo to wash your hair or apply just pure honey on the hair for 2 hours to condition and treat the damaged hair. Honey contains natural humectants that provide intense moisture to the hair.
13. Mix one spoon of honey, with 4 cups of warm water. Use this mix as last rinse on your shampooed hair to impart a health shine to your hair.
14. You can add a spoonful of honey to your bathwater for sweet, soft and glowing skin.
15. Honey, almond oil, milk powder, lemon juice when mixed together, make an excellent face mask for treating scars. This preparation helps to treat the intense tanning of the skin. This prepration can be stored in the fridge for a week.
16. Just apply honey to your chapped and dry lips. You lips will become smooth and moisturized with the gentle care of honey.
17. Prepare an excellent scrub with honey, ground nuts powder and lemon juice. Rub on your skin for 5 minutes and then wash off. Groundnuts act an exfoliating agent, lemon juice helps to fade away blemishes and honey nourishes the skin to make it soft.
18. Apply one spoon of honey mixed with one egg on your face to tighten your skin. This home remedy surely delivers positive results if used regularly. Use it once a week.
19. Onion juice mixed with honey is also a potent formulation for curing premature wrinkles.
20. Mix papaya and honey to make a nourishing mask. Apply this mask on your face daily. This mask will make your skin fair and glowing.
By now, you know the best 20 beauty benefits of honey. When you know how to use honey in your beauty applications, then do not wait anymore! Just try out these amazing beauty uses of honey in beauty regimen right now! Revel in the glow of a ‘more beautiful’ you caressed by the wonders of honey!