These super nutritious foods are so good for us. We could expect to be in optimum health if we filled our plates with these healthful foods every day. Chock full of healthy minerals and vitamins. They prevent inflammation, relax our blood vessels and make them more flexible, provide us with energy, make our bones strong and the list goes on.
The following foods are chock full of vitamins and minerals that provide us with more energy, help fight disease, inflammation,make our bones stronger, improve our eye sight and give us even more health benefits. The smart thing to do is to fill your plate with these nutritious foods at every meal. They are delicious and will help allow you to make a wide detour of the doctors office.
1. Apples are number one on the list. They contain quercetin, an antioxidant that can cut your risk of lung cancer. It’s also fiber which helps digestion and it also helps keep your teeth and gums healthy.
2. Walnuts provide your daily needed allowance of alpha-linolenic acid, improves memory and coordination.
3. Eggs are full of protein and have fewer calories than other proteins. If you don’t eat meat, eggs are a good substitute.
4.Sardines provides your daily vitamin D and omega-3 fats. Try adding it to tomato sauce and serving it over a slice of whole wheat bread.
5. Bananas are loaded with potassium, fiber, and also resistant starch which helps you slim down and stay that way.
6. Dried beans are full of protein, flavonoids and antioxidants that help your arteries stay relaxed and pliable. You can eat these in the place of meat.
7.Collard greens are exploding with vitamin A, zeaxanthin and lutin which keeps your eyes healthy.
8.Broccoli sprouts have 10 times more cancer preventing compound glucoraphanin than regular broccoli.
9.Fat-free milk has calcium and vitamin D, plus muscle building protein. It’s the ultimate energy drink.
10. Potatoes are packed with mega doses of blood-pressure lowering potassium, even more than a banana.
11. Oranges (one) has more 100% of vitamin C that you need in a day. It’s also a good source of calcium and folate.
12. Canola oil has heart healthy alpha-linolenic acid plus two different types of vitamin D.
14. Peanut butter has arginine, an amino acid that helps keep blood veins strong and healthy.
15. Pumpkin is filled with natural cancer fighters alpha and beta carotene.
16. Bran flakes keep you in top shape by reducing inflammation and melting away belly fat.
We should keep a good supply of these important foods and serve them to our families every day. They will benefit by having energy to sustain them through the day. The kids will be more energised, alert and make better grades. What a great gift we can give our families by preparing and serving healthy food.