Number 13 is perhaps one of the most ‘mistreated’ numbers. Some people consider it as a devil’s number while other cultures consider it as a lucky number. Aside from number 13, another number has some significant linked facts that caught my attention. This number is 42. Here are some of the things you need to get aware of this number:
1. In Mathematics, number 42 is called an abundant number. For what reason? Let’s say, it is equivalent to one semester in college to find out why it’s called an abundant number.
2. In Chemistry, number 42 is the atomic number of molybdenum.
3. The angle of rainbow is 42 degrees.
4. A 3×3x3 magic cube has a sum of 42.
5. In the Ancient Egyptian religion, there are 42 gods and goddesses to represent the principles of Ma’at.
6. In the bible, there are 42 generations in the Genealogy of Jesus according to the Gospel of Matthew.
7. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland has 42 illustrations
8. 42 is a magic number for programmers. In the TIFF image file format, it is the second 16-bit word of every file.
9. Tiling a plane using regular hexagons occupy all in all 42 squares.
10. In the Book of Revelations, it is mentioned that the Beast will hold dominion over the Earth for 42 days
Whether these facts have deeper meanings or relationships, we can’t avoid the fact how such great coincidence happened.
Original work from 10 Amazing Facts About Number 42